On November 1, 2016, I testified to the Standing Senate Committee on Transport and Communications.
Below, here are the materials that I submitted to the committee:
A. About Anti-Pipeline Activism
- The original strategy paper for The Tar Sands Campaign
- Examples of excerpts from U.S. tax returns of the funders of the Tar Sands Campaign, showing the purposes for which funds have been paid
- Examples of Inaccurate Information about GHG Emissions disseminated as part of The Tar Sands Campaign
- Three version of the Hewlett Foundation's Strategy Paper for Western Conservation. Note how it was re-written to omit the map showing how Canada is targeted:
- The Hewlett Foundation's Five Year Strategy as of 2009
- The "Refreshed" version of the Hewlett Foundation's strategy paper. Note that this version was BACK-DATED to August of 2013.
- The Hewlett Foundation's "Refreshed" strategy paper which appeared in January of 2014 (shortly after this article was published: New U.S. funding for the war on Canadian oil)
- A list of 54 payments for the Tar Sands Campaign, made by The Tides Foundation (2013)
- A Comparison of what The Tides Foundation reported to the I.R.S. in U.S. tax returns vs. what it paid organizations to do, according to covering letters on payments (106 pages)
- Covering letters on a batch of 27 payments made as part of the anti-pipeline Tar Sands Campaign
B. About The Tax Scam That The Tides Foundation & Tides Canada Foundation Have Been Involved In: